After I posted my blag post here, I put out a call to my “tweeps” [Twitter friends] asking if anyone had time to help me brainstorm a name for my next project. I knew kind of what I wanted, but nothing I had come up with seemed quite right. I needed some help.
I told them “I will be doing one-on-one interviews with persons I find interesting. using lannalee.com as url.” I was leaning toward “The LannaLee Project” or “The LannaLee Experience,” but neither seemed to quite fit. Here is a testament to how brainstorming can work. I knew kind of what I wanted to say, but not clearly. I needed help to find something, and critical to finding the right something happened during the brainstorming process.
Within an hour we had a name.
Here are the first few suggestions that were made:
- @GriffinClubMerv: Me & Lanna Lee
- @DJNoRequest: LannaLeening
- @MarieMonDieu: Lanna Lee Sees
- @DJNoRequest: LannaLeering
- @GriffinClubMerv: Its Getting Late with Lanna Lee
- @DJNoRequest: Lanna Leeping to Conclusions
- @acrimoniousmofo: how about: I’m Lanna Lee, who the heck are you? Heck was my third word choice; don’t know how broad an audience you’re seeking.
- @rurugby: Lanna vision.. Or the Lanna Lee old time variety hour ,
- @MarieMonDieu: Lanna Lee’s THINK TANK? Lanna Lee stirs it up? Lanna Lee Sees into your SOUL? Lanna Lee Loves you?
- @GriffinClubMerv: Latte with Lanna Lee
While these suggestions were percolating I was responding and making my own suggestions (The LannaLee Experience/The LannaLee Project). I wanted something fun, and it needed to include LannaLee in it. I realized, although I said I would be doing interviews, what I really will be doing is conversations, or at least directed conversations. And not only will I be having these chats with interesting people, those people will also be fascinating. So I made a couple more suggestions:
- Me: Confab with Lanna Lee (but cooler)
- Me: Convo with Lanna Lee (but cooler)
And then @GriffinClubMerv came back with: Lounging with LannaLee. Perfect. I had my name, and better understanding on how I need to talk about what Lounging with Lanna Lee is, namely:
A weekly audio podcast where I (LannaLee) have a face-to-face, half-hour conversation with an interesting and fascinating person.
It gets better.
I updated the website with information about the podcast, and sent out a tweet asking for feedback, noting that my placeholder logo sucked. This morning Greg Daly (aka @DJNoRequest) started sending me logo samples. And we coordinated (yet again) on the new logo!
Needless to say, I love it.
Lots more to do, but I’m well on my way. Next steps include: figuring out more logistics, fleshing out the website, and soon I will start inviting people to lounge with me.
If I asked you to Lounge with LannaLee, would you?