Or Chicken Maheux. In other words, a chicken dish I made up all on my own.
[I missed posting over the weekend. I was too busy watching Veronica Mars and not internetting. And I decided to not punk out. Back on track this week.]
I neglected to take a picture, when I eat some of the leftovers, I’ll have to make sure to share a pic. This dish is very rich and filling.
If you make it, let me know how it comes out!
1 package sliced Mushrooms
1 large Green Pepper – chopped
1 large Red Pepper – chopped
Marie’s Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing 12 oz jar*
curry powder – to taste
Basil – to taste
Chicken Breast 1.5-2 lbs – sliced in strips
Minced Garlic – several teaspoons
2 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes
By Lanna Lee Maheux
Note: I usually don’t measure, so all spices are added to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Slice/chop up mushrooms, green and red peppers
3. Slice chicken into 1″ strips
4. Layer 1/2 of vegetables in the bottom of a 3 quart rectangle pan. Top with 1/2 of the jar of Blue Cheese dressing, and liberally sprinkle curry powder and basil on top.
5. Place the chicken over the first layer
6. Repeat step 4 with the remaining vegetables and Blue Cheese dressing, also liberally sprinkling curry powder and basil
7. Sprinkle several teaspoons of garlic on top
8. Pour diced tomatoes (use the whole can) on top for last layer, salt and pepper to taste
9. Cook at 350 degrees until done (very bubbly, could take up to 1.5 hours)
10. Serve over rice**. Serves 8-10***
*You must use Marie’s Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing – they are not paying me to say this, it’s just that the whole recipe is built on it.
**6 cups of cooked rice (2 cups uncooked) – your preference, brown or white.
***When I make this for just me and my husband I’m able to have dinner and then package up 6-8 lunches to throw in the freezer.